Tuesday, May 17, 2016

dumpster diving at the end of the semester

Dumpster, dumpster, dumpster diving is the best. I have heard rumors that at the end of the semester in New Haven at Yale University you can find awesome things in the dumpster from all the students moving out. Hopefully they are a little more thoughtful than your average college student, but I have never been there to verify what kind of things they throw out. I have only read an article in the Connecticut news talking about all their awesome junk.

Then three years ago, a new friend of mine told me about dumpster diving at the local university here in town. It was a brilliant idea! Now I look forward to the end of the semester in May to go through the dumpster and find amazing treasures. Things that I need and I would pay money for still have the tags on them, and are still useful, the students just throw them away. Every year the finds are different but each year I feel satisfied with my finds.

Often times someone asks me hey where did you get... and it feels awesome to tell them yeah, oh that thing I got it in the dumpster.

No comments: